Sunday, July 15, 2007

Pasta Salad

Here's another recipe to share with all my friends. It's something that my mother in law, sis in law & my hubby love or invented. I fall in love with this dish at first try 5 years ago & it has been our favourite food when we are bored with rice.

Ingredients

  • 400g Macaroni/seashell macaroni
  • 1 can Pineapple (diced / cubed)
  • 1 can Corn kernel
  • Raisins to your likings
  • 1 whole roast black pepper chicken (shredded)
  • 200 ml Lady's Choice mayonaise
  • salt & pepper to taste

Method:

  1. Cook macaroni with a little bit of salt for taste until tender soft (10 - 15 mins) in a big pot such as bernedes cookware.
  2. Rinsed cooked macaroni in cold water & strain all the water off.
  3. Mixed pineapple, corn, raisins & chicken with the mayonaise.
  4. Add in the macaroni to the rest of the ingredient & mixed well.
  5. Add salt & pepper to taste. Note: I used 1 tsp salt & sprinkle of pepper.
  6. Finally, chilled in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.

My hubby & I used to cook 500g of macaroni & portioned it out for 5 meals. We keep it in the plastic container, sealed it air tight & keep in the fridge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yum yum... i also wan!!! DHL to me. hahaha...

Unknown said...

Wow thank you for sharing this recipe. It looks sooo delicious, I'll do this tomorrow since my contractor had just installed my new stainless steel kitchen sink