Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter & the Deadly Hallows


Yes, I've gotten my 7th book of Harry Potter (bought on 23/7/07 by chance coz I passed by Tesco Puchong during my banking routine) and the best of all, it just cost me RM 69.90 (thanks to my hubby for talking me out to pre-order the book). Though I love Harry Potter but I find it too expensive for a book and I am sure there's some bargain during the Christmas season (that's where I have gotten the 6th book, Harry Potter & the Half Blood Price at just RM 50 & it's hard cover at bangsar Shopping Mall on Christmas Eve).

Although I am so eager to know the ending but this time, I will not speed read the book but will take my time, reading it (while bringing the character & scene to life it in my head) & enjoying the last bit of Harry Potter. So,for these few days, I will stop scrapping & blogging at home and just dedicate the time to read the book just like today. It feel so nice... warm & cozy to be wrapped in my duvet on a rainy night with the book in my hand....what's missing is a cup of hot chocolate *dreamy look* .... Gerald would be glad that I won't bug him to chat with me online for these few days ...

My expectation on this book

Beside just reading it, I am hoping that the story will unfold into a light hearted , happy ending instead a dark ending since it is a children story (hence you see me choosing the cover for children edition). From the 4th book onward, I find that the story has a dark twist with people/ wizard dying and the last in the 6th book is Albus Dumbledore.... so, let's see who will be killed in this last book of Harry Potter... and how the story ends ...

2 comments:

cairo's mommy said...

i think children's book must not be too dark n complicated la... then its neither here nor there oredi :s

i collected the whole range of kiddy covers too

Cheryl Leong said...

Same thought here .. I prefer it to be more light-hearted but since it has became an adult favourtie, I guess some changes must be made :s