Thursday, July 26, 2007

Nurburgring F1 legend - Michael Schumacher

I can't believe I missed the race in Nurbrgring last Sunday even though the show time is at 10.30pm (I choose dreamland than race day *slap forehead*). I still can't forgive myself for missing the race and that particular race is the most exciting (coz it rains & lots of accident/car retired). So, what I can do were to read all the news I can from F1 official site and also BAT intranet (my office's news, we got a dedicated column for F1).


Since everyone will know by now that Alonso won that race, Massa 2nd & Webber 3rd while Kimi retired & Hamilton is 9th after he narrowly escaped injuries caused by the front tyre on Saturday's qualifying (Alonso is lucky to got away with it though), I shall talk about the legend of Nurburgring - Michael Schumacher (I am a big fan of his :p ). This bits of info is extracted from Formula 1 official site.


I am so happy that Michael has been honoured by the German circuit with a corner named after him, which is the Schumacher S (he won 5 races out of 11 races at the Nurburgring, & I think that is so awesome). So, here's the 5 races he won in the Schumacher racing history :
  • 1995 European Grand Prix Qualifying: 3rd, Race: 1st
  • 2000 European Grand Prix Qualifying: 2nd, Race: 1st
  • 2001 European Grand Prix Qualifying: 1st, Race: 1st
  • 2004 European Grand Prix Qualifying: 1st, Race: 1st
  • 2006 European Grand Prix Qualifying: 2nd, Race: 1st (the last of his race, sad to say but he is the champion of F1)

If you want to know the result for the Europe race, you can click here

Photo courtesy from F1 official site & if you are interested on some nice photos, click here.

No comments: