Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Petrol at RM 2.70, what will happen to our life?

The news just came at 5pm today, which is a bit late for me to act (pump petrol) coz I am rushing for my yoga class and the sky juz decided to throw a downpour....
But with refilling my car today, it is just to stretch my mileage of the one full tank... too bad I didn't got the chance of doing so....

Sometimes I think why this is happening to us... we are living in a petrol production country, yet we are paying a hefty sum ..... with the new petrol price of RM2.70 /L ( will increase to more than RM4 by Aug coz follow market price), everything will increase the price... the food, the amenities & the electric will increase by 18% (read in The Star news & NST) but not the quality of our life....

How am I going to live with paying such a high price for petrol?

Most of u might suggest to commute with public transport but no thanks. My area is so outskirt , the bus is only at an interval of 30 mins if I am lucky... then I got to change bus to get to bukit jalil or if I am lucky, I will got to LRT station and hop onto 1 and stop at the bukit jalil station. Then, will need to catch a bus to TPM. If I were to do that, I will need to go out at 6.30am ... coz by driving, it took me almost an hour to got to work and if I were to take the bus, it will be 2 hrs ..... ain't this crazy?

I cannot see myself to do tat every day... if I do, I think by the end of the day, I will be depress and darn tired ...life is no meaning to live like this... and I will write more of my rambling on the blog ... which is not a good thing to read.... sigh....

Now I do wish we live like the Startrek, whereby we can just beam our self to places we want....tat will save the petrol crisis... meanwhile, I have to be extra cost savvy (eat more at Chillz, spend less on clothing) ...

*Just to note down on how bad is today in history *:
  1. My bank did a big mistake but luckily managed to resolve tat problem
  2. Not so good news in office
  3. Extremely bad news on the petrol & electricity
  4. Ah dear also got bad news

To read more on the latest news on the new government subsidy scheme, click here

2 comments:

jazzmint said...

got nothing to say liao..speechless LOL. I need to buy a tricycle soon and ride to work

Cheryl Leong said...

He he.. same here... need to learn bicycle. Now WFH also not an option coz increase in electric also. O_o